Train(ing) Day #1 & #2

Day #1 on the train was fairly easy & exciting. Having never been on an overnight train before, we decided to take advantage of what the train has to offer.

So adventure #1. I went to the snack station to grab us some snacks..


The snack station smelled. Really bad. Like dirty wet socks worn by a marathon runner. I was terrified of buying something we would be ingesting, but hell, I just walked a very treacherous 5-car/train path to get here. And you know what they say, do as the Romans do... So I kindly refused the bottle of wine and package of cheese & cracker he kept on insisting and made my way back to my seat. (Well there you go Jo, your first food picture of the trip, enjoy)

Then we puttered the day away until it was time for dinner. Feeling bad for the round man who was in charge of getting reservations for the kitchen, L and I decided why not and made a reservation to eat dinner in the dining cart. Big mistake.

C's charred crab cake with a side of bland veggies.

The food was not bad for train food (not saying much). And I did get a bit of anxiety when the round man told me to sit NEXT to L because if more people (yeah right) were to come in to eat dinner, they would be seated across from us. Uhh. Don't they know I'm agoraphobic? I get really anxious when I'm with strangers, especially if they are seated right across from me looking deep into my soul.... (passive aggressively I mentioned this out loud and the round man let me sit where I'm suppose to be, across from L (friendly dinner) and not next to L (romantic dinner)).

L's kid-size, kid-friendly overcooked marinara pasta.

While enjoying our appetizing dinner, the train was jolted by a tire that a bunch of neighborhood kids had apparently left on the tracks as a "joke." Well we survived that one and made out way to day #2 on the train.

Day #2 started out on a bad note. Try sleeping on a train. Impossible. Every hour, I would wake up to adjust my body to no avail. Finally I woke up at 4 AM and had this insane pain on my left shoulder. Never again..

By this time we were in Oregon. This state has amazing landscape. Trees EV-ERY-WHERE.. I love it. I loooveee it.

pretty picture of Oregon trees minus the electric wire

Several hours later, we landed in Seattle (code:SEA) and was picked up by my aunt and taken to her condo in Belltown..

Our first train adventure. Pretty sure I won't do it ever again..

our view from our room

2 comments:

  1. I think it's xenaphobic when you're afraid of strangers.

    Anyways, I still think it's sad that when I said I wanted to go to an intimate dinner in Seattle you got really panicked and said to wait until M and CD were with us since you didn't want to have a romantic meal with me. LOL Ironic isn't it? Since you ended up jerking off my throat later this trip? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I guess I'm both a xenophobic & agoraphobic. & did I panic when you mentioned an intimate dinner? I said let's wait for Portland bc M wanted to do it too. Uhm I did not "jerk off" your throat. I sensually caressed it all in the name of science.

    ReplyDelete