Photo Dump.

photos from summer of 2011.

my lonely drive from los angeles to the bay. what I remember is that in preparation of the boring, lonely ride up north, I downloaded rob lowe's audio book and he basically told me his life story. I remember actually falling asleep at one point. then to wake up I stopped at a scenic view to take pictures but those pictures are lost. oh and they were fixing the freeway and for about 45 minutes I was in bumper to bumper traffic in the middle of central california.

 2nd day - we took the bart to the city with plans to check out japan town except I left the written directions at the apartment. we ended up walking around sf with no real plan. 




day 3 - short day trip to santa cruz. L wanted to revisit her college town and take me to places she use to frequent. one of them being a really nice beach, but on our drive (this was the day before independence day) we encountered crazy traffic so change of plans. we ended up on a nice, yet windy, pch beach and I believe we ate food (what we ate, I don't remember!). we then ended up at a strawberry farm and bought 3 jams to gift our hostess in portland. and finally ended up in santa cruz where we took pictures of santa cruz street style, walked around downtown visiting L's old haunts, ate at a mexican shack, saw a red-head guy in a jesus-like robe, then headed back home.

L and I basically ate mexican corn every single day during this summer that we called our trip "summer of corn" (later renamed "summer of corn, shrimp and the trujillos")

look at this face!



day 4 - somehow ended up at a mexican picnic as plus 2's of guests of the picnics. we brought marinated shrimp and mexican corn (L was very proud that WE were the ones that brought cotija, lemon and paprika to a mexican picnic) and I loved the whole mexican picnic experience. I met the cutest cat in the world. then the night was ended with some at-home fireworks. then drove back home.

day 5 - my pictures don't tell story of what we did this day. I will assume it was a quiet day. perhaps a day of local shopping, eating corn, and watching love in the wild. plus lil J's white cat started to like me a tiny bit at this point. she would sneak into the room and hang out in the window above my head and let me pet her once in awhile. 




day 6 - we went to the alameda county fair. big t and wife met us in pleasanton for a day at the fair. this fair was so different than what I've experiences here in la and orange county. it felt so country. at one point L befriended a man at the garden show who had his "garden" win best in show. she basically signed me and lil J (note: lil J was in asia at this point) to help him clear his "garden" on the last day of the fair a couple days later. fair = fun.  

day 7 - another quiet day at home. I'm sure we did something but I guess not fun enough to take a picture of. I'm going to guess ate pho?


day 9 - L and I drove to salinas, ca to meet up with M who drove up from la. we went to a little beach near salinas and my city eyes were amazed at how behind all those small barely there streets and agricultural crops was a little local beach. we even saw sister wives and their husband (oddly not the last one we would see on this trip). we later drove back to salinas and had a grill out. ate tons of raw oysters, salad, fish, and I am going to assume we also had shrimp. played rockband and slept in salinas.


day 10 - I think we had picked up lil J the day before from the airport. then L, lil J, and I went back to the fair to help the best-in-show man clear his "garden." did a lot of brunt work, asking myself "why did I sign up for this? oh yeah, I didn't" and was rewarded with free plants. basically fair part 2, showing lil J all around the fair including the animal room. Lil J and L had a water balloon fight which was hilarious. I remember the day ended with mediocre thai food and cat poop on the pillow.

day 11 - had dinner with L & lil J's family friend. then L and I headed up north to portland.

PHOTO DUMP PART 2 COMING SOON


No comments:

Post a Comment