Day 9 of the 2011 Road Trip, Recap

Reading through C's notes on our last road trip I was surprised at how I had forgotten all about that trip. This was the vacay we took after my dad died and that part of my life is pretty blurry.

Her comment on the sister wives we saw sparked up an old memory of that day at the beach. What C forgot was that we packed quite a bit of citrus flavored vodka with 3 different juices, crushed serrano peppers and spoons dipped in powdered sugar since we were going to the beach and didn't have any fancy glasses. With these ghetto diy "burning mandarins" in tow, we went to the beach where I proceeded to rub dirty sand on myself to stay warm.

After watching people walk along the coast we decided to also take a walk on the beach and as we drew closer to a large lump, realized it was a beached sea lion. It was huge. We got really close and witnessed the decay of a large dead sea lion left on the beaches of Central Coast. Fool's courage, fueled by our diy burning mandarins, M's genius reared its heavily buzzed head and declared she was to have a sea lion tooth to carry home as a prize. This began the harrowing life experience of watching M use a stone to hack at a dead sea lion's gum while never ending sprays of maggots fell forth onto her bare hands and the sand. We used sticks, stones and broke a swiss army knife with our pitiful attemps to pry the water lion's canine. Big T declared that he would put a stop to this defacing of sea mammal corpse and minutes later I watched as he jabbed a stick repeatedly into a hole in the sea lion's body. Dr I then said it was impossible for us to remove the body's canine without the proper tools and that we were being disgusting before squatting down on his knees and digging the canine out himself with the broken knife. It only took 5 participants and 1 spectator to accomplish this task and about 2 water bottles full of homemade burning mandarins. Peace be with you.



Serves: 1
2 slices of serrano chile
1 1/2 ounces Absolut Mandarin
3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
1/2 ounce orange juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
1/2 ounce cranberry juice
Muddle the chili slices. Add the rest of the ingredients and ice. Shake and strain into a glass. Garnish with peppers.

2 comments:

  1. I actually complete forgot about the ghetto alcohol because I didn't partake, but the dead sea lion, I do remember (and with pictures to prove it). I didn't want to write about it because I was utterly grossed out by the whole scene. I have all the photos for photo dump #2, I shall update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dead sea lion with maggots? Yes, it is gross. And so is masturbating my throat. LOL

    ReplyDelete