Day #4: Thanks Portland, Adios!!!

Sunday (8/29/09) was our last day in PNDUB. For M, L, and I, it felt like we were in Portland for an entire week. For CD, I'm sure it felt like 10 minutes (underwater aka eternity) . In just 3.5 days in Oregon, we experienced a plethora of emotions so I'm sure what we all wanted was an easy breezy day to finish off our trip.

Surprisingly that morning, CD was the first to wake up. I guess we three girls were just tired as hell. I'm sure he was thinking "how am I going to wake these girls up" since he's too nice to wake us up from our much needed beauty sleep. Luckily, I'm a light sleeper and I saw a dark shadow looming above us. We woke up and headed out to pick up Lil L for breakfast.

Tin Shed's garden (picture taken from yelp)

We went to have brunch at The Tin Shed recommended by Lil L. We originally planned to have breakfast here, but with us waking up at 10 AM and waiting 1 hour for a table, we ended up having breakfast for lunch. The food was really yummy and priced accordingly. Overall, great experience minus the fact that L's coffee mug had a lipstick stain. But we'll let that pass...

C's 'Everything Naughty'

Lil L's 'Fetch'

L's 'Sweet Chix'

CD's 'Stay'

M's 'Everything Nice'

Afterwards, we dropped off Lil L. Then took M to PDX since she was taking an earlier flight home to LA.

CD then took us to 23rd, a street lined up with cute boutiques and eateries that reminded me a lot of Larchmont. We walked around like we do and chatted. Then ended 23rd with some yogurt at Skinnidip.

'23rd'; C loves hanging signs. (picture taken from Google Images)

Then CD gave us a scenic tour of around Portland. I don't remember where we went, but it was hilly and pretty. A lot of houses in Portland are very cute. Very craftsman-y, huge crystal clean windows, lots of shutters, and color. I imagine it's really fun for homeowners to work on their house here. Sigh. L & I played a game of "which house do you want?" (a game we always play) and I pretty much wanted every single one bc well, I'm house whore.

We ended up driving into what seemed like a suburb next to Portland and CD told us this was the road he used to bike on.

Welcome to the Rose Garden

Our next stop was the International Rose Garden in Washington Park. This park is gorgeous (& I felt safe). So green, so plush, so nature-y, so tree-y. I wish parks in California looked like this. We walked around the garden and smelling roses. As we're dawdling along, CD warned L not to pull any roses off its stem. Here's how L felt about that..

L's favorite

C's favorite

"The Rose Garden is full of roses. har har har I wanted to run barefoot through the aisles and behead all the roses with a hard object in my hand to protect self from thorns. That was my first instinct upon setting foot upon the green. Methinks the child in me may be a little destructive... CD somehow vibing off of my unsung desires told me that it was a felony or something to take roses off the bushes. I immediately snapped into defense by saying I knew that and I would never remove the flowers from their bush while trying to figure out how he got in my head. Ugh. Seriously. I must be transparent. hehehehe."

The Rose Garden was beautiful... Really beautiful.. The bathrooms at the Rose Garden was beautiful too.

L fascinated with the archaic paper towel dispenser

Back at CD's bat cave, we were all pooped. From context, I can hypothesize that that CD & L's lives, as well as mine, are not usually this exciting and exhausting. We were burnt out. We immediately stfu and browsed the internet and read books for a good 1.5 hours (?) or so. I'm sure it would have gone longer if it wasn't for my tummy growling. I was hungry. I needed someone to cook for me, but boy did I not want to break the silence. I ended up calling L's phone and hanging up just after 1 ring to let the phone break the silence. I then shared my feelings of hunger and L, like a worried mother, got up and made us dinner.

Now this is where I apologize to L. I was skeptical about her making alfredo sauce with a can of cream of mushroom, but it was actually good. I'm sorry.

So we carbo-loaded and went right back to our routine of being hermits, L working on her application, CD on his computer, and me on my blackberry. CD then whipped out his guitar and started playing music. It was nice bc we were still able to concentrate on the important things like college application and TMZ, but have nice music as background noise to remind us that we were still alive.

>>>INSSERTT>> L's take on the rest of the evening..

Back at the cave, I bitched a little, filled out a school application, told C to shut up while I was completeing it and then turned around for attention as soon as I was done. CD, a true friend till the end, put away his laptop and asked me what I wanted to play. I didn't know what I wanted to play. I just wanted attention. I see C all the time so it was basically CD that I needed attention from and it didn't matter that he was visibly exhausted or had been chauffering us around for the past 4 days, I wanted more attention. LOL Never satisfied, that's me. Haha Well we ended up playing Scrabble and I thought I was going to kill myself. This was the first time I've played Scrabble and I don't like to feel stupid. C & CD dominated this game and I was so bitter I was kicking myself in the arse for not just shutting tfu and letting everyone rest instead of demanding more qt. CD won and my score was less than half of C's. hmph We went to bed late and at 5 the next morning, CD took us to the airport. Yup, he's that good a friend. :)

Bear hugs for everyone!! Goodbye Portland~!

6 comments:

  1. The rest of the day sounds nice but I probably would have been passed out on the popozao anyway. I was beat. And this is why I love these re-tellings. I had no idea C woke up because CD was creeping around the living room. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have enjoyed the purdy, romantic rose garden. Man it was pretty. I feel like we're jipped in the nature department. I mean duh there are pretty spots in CA, but heckkkkkkk man.

    Yep. I remember opening my eyes and asking CD "Are we suppose to be awake?" and he replied with a Yeah or something. It was 10 AM which means I was extremely tired or I was used to the space and could have probably slept until noon (like how I usually do).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too did not know he was looming above us. LOL I knew we were supposed to be up and pick up Lil L around 10:15ish but that was it.

    Anyways, C, I think you mixed up the rose pictures because the red ones are definitely NOT my favorite and I'm pretty sure the white ones you posted as your favorite were the ones that I like because they smell like Magnolia/Jasmine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, you guys are heavy sleepers. He was RIGHT ABOVE you and I was.. like 7 feet away.. and I felt his presence. He was all dressed and ready to get the show on the road.

    And those white flowers, I CHOSE THAT ONE!!!!!! I liked the little buds. The red one, you ordered me to take the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea why I told you to take pictures of those flowers specifically. They're ugly. I must have been exhausted and not thinking clearly.
    If the white ones are the magnolia smelling ones, those are my favorite. Remember, I saw all the flowers first since y'all were trailing behind me. Besides, I was born first so whatever I like was really made for me first. DUH

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what I noticed about our food pictures.

    Right after you took the picture of my food and moved onto Lil L, I already had the fork and knife in my hand ready to eat. Must have been really hungry.

    & I like how M's hand looks like it's saying "hurry up take the picture. I'm hungee"

    ReplyDelete