Day #2: It All Ended With A Rubdown

A lot of stuff happened on Day #2 other than the accident.. And it's unfair for day #2 to be remembered as the "Accident Day" because the rest of the day was pretty awesome.. So let's take our time to remember 8/28/09 after noon.

Strangely, sleeping on the papazao is pretty comfortable. You roll up into a ball like a fetus and wrap yourself up with a warm blanket and it feels like mother's womb again. But being that I'm in an unfamiliar space, I woke up quite early waiting for any tiny sound to come from L or M. When I heard M fidgeting I whispered "M, are you awake?" and she replied with yeah or something like that. That gave me the permission to get up and get ready for the day.

Feeling chirpy I decided that I will start the day off by sugaring myself up. So I looked all over for my VD doughnut that I passed on eating yesterday. While I was rummaging through the kitchen and dining room looking for my doughnut, all I can hear were obscenities coming out of L's mouth about how I was being "fucken loud" and to "shut the fuck up" and other goodies. I was quite quiet and considerate. I made sure not to talk loud so our host can get his sleep and I knew that L & M were awake, so why not right? Well I found my doughnut sitting inside the car. I grabbed it and sat in a chair eating my yummy doughnut. Man this doughnut was so airy, but cakey and had the perfect sweet glazed topping. I probably sounded like a complete fatty mcfat-fat going nonstop about how delicious it was. Once again I was told to "shut the fuck up." But being the stubborn, generous girl that I am, I kept on talking about the greatness of this doughnut and even offered some to M & L. L denied vehemently telling me it's morning and other nonsense. But being stubborn (& generous) I offered to stick a little piece down her throat and massage her gullet (foreshadow warning). I was denied. Oh wells more for me.

I'm told L went into CD's room and inconsiderately jumped on his bed while he was sleeping. Now that's a wake-up call.

We trekked on over to Starbucks where CD's sister works. We each ordered our drink of choice and left content. M pulled out her i-pod and put on some Spoon to play in the background so memories can be made. Oh were memories made.

WHAM. BAM. BOOM. car accident.

C's imploded iced green tea latte & wet cardigan that she wore the next day & the only surviving coffee in this accident, L's mocha vanilla frap.

Well after a lot of stress, we found ourselves at CD's hometown of Banks, OR. It's a very cute, small town with a lot of greenery. Sigh. I love greenery. We did a bathroom stop, received a mini tour and headed out to the farm to pick fresh peaches.

Sigh. I kind of wished I lived on a farm. I would love to grow my own food and run around on my land screamingg..

Anyways, we stopped by CD's friend's farm where they once had lots of cows. With our lack of farmy knowledge, we haphazardly picked peaches and took in the farm air and left, waving to men in suits.

Next stop, Tillamook.

Tillamook Cheese Factory in Tillamook, OR. Who knew Oregon was this cool?

Yes, Yes, Tillamook the cheese. CD took us to Tillamook's headquarters where they make/package all the cheese you see at your local supermarket. We were all very excited. L & M bc I believe they are cheese fanatics, and me because I like seeing how things are made. The weather was nice, very un-California-like.

First thing we do is run to the bathroom (seems like we had a lot of bathroom breaks on this trip), Secondly, L's favorite FACE-IN-HOLE. She loves that thang..

L as the cow and M as the farmer. (I know these pixelated pictures are insane, but we don't want our personal lives to be in jeopardy after what was done later on in the night that day)

CD as the cow and L as the farmer

After the entertaining face-in-hole, we stood in line to sample some cheese. Yum. We all grabbed several cheese cubes and inhaled it. I like the pepper jack. Duh. Then after perusing the gift shop and CD purchasing squeaky cheese (it really squeaks), we got to the ice cream parlor and each ordered some yummy ice cream in a cone. Eating ice cream at a dairy factory is f-u-n.

We made it upstairs to watch cheese being packaged. Sounds boring right? Nope, not at all. We were all very entertained by watching people cut, weigh, quality-check, sensually caress cheese for at least 50 minutes. Like M said, we played the game of "which job do you want?" and "what are they doing to that cheese?"

people I'd (C) like to call CHEESE ANGELS.
CHEESE ANGELS busy at work making the world a heppy place

I (C) felt so bad for this cheese angel so I thought he deserved a picture at the least. He was stuck with slicing the pepper jack. What a boring job! I can say none of us picked to be him in our game of "which job do you want?"

Then after discussing how L should power jump herself and shatter the glass and glide towards the cheese makers yelling in a loud, but happy voice "cheeeseee," we left Tillamook and drove to our next destination..

Bye Tilla! We, Californians, found a new love for you.

Our next stop on our itinieary was Cannon Beach.

CD was apologetic about the unfortunate weather, but we Californians were fine with it. Heck, when can you get overcast, rain, extremely frigid ocean water in California? Never. So we lovedd it. And anyways, I think beaches look better depressed.

Pretty rock formation amidst a bed of fogs

We all rolled up pants, kicked off our shoes and headed towards the water. Boy this water is C-O-L-D. I felt like my toes were going to fall off, but after playing in it for awhile, we all got pretty use to it. Acted like a bunch of kids, running into the water, and screaming back out.

L and CD freezing their little toes off

A quite romantic moment I captured of M & L. They're probably talking about their future together and stuff.

L & CD beaching it

One of the many jerryfish we saw there. I thought it looked like a leaking breast implant.

Cannon Beach's way of thanking L, M, C & CD for coming all the way out from California and Portland to visit her.

Our next plan was to stop by Freddie's and pick up some ingredients for our fabulous homemade dinner that night, but from the crazy day, we all were too tired and too hungry to do that. So instead we decided to eat in Cannon Beach at Morris' Fireside Restaurant.

CD drove the scenic route back into Portland and M and I were mesmerized by the beauty that is nature. So amazing. Fogs galore. Trees galore. Woods galore. Forest galore. It was absolutely amazing..

Look how beautiful it is. How can you not think this is beautiful?


I (C) want to build a floating house on top of these trees.

And by the time we finally got back into Portland it was around 10 PM, we stopped by Freddie's to pick up ingredients for tomorrow's dinner.

At casa de CD, we were all exhausted from our extremely long day. I don't know who made the decision to make the peach cobbler that night (but if I had to guess it was probably L), but CD, M, and L found some energy stored in some obscure part of their body and decided to make the cobbler. A little google search for "easy peach cobbler" and some adjustments, we found ourselves with a new recipe called "Fuck Yeah Fresh Peach Cobbler" (named by CD). Yep, no subtleties there. M says she thinks everyone pitched it making the FYFPC, but I'm not one to take credit for something I did not do. I will come out and say I did nothing but eat the peach cobbler. I know L, M & CD were busy sweating their little hearts away making FYFPC while I was most likely on my blackberry checking facebook and CBS2.com.

"Fuck Yeah Fresh Peach Cobbler" made with love

We each cut ourselves a small piece to taste and you would think with the draining day we had, we would have gone into a sugar coma and knocked the hell out, but no, we are troopers, soldiers of fatship..

So I mentioned to L one time during this trip about something I saw on a show. I offhandedly mentioned that if she was to become an anorexic, I would graciously shove food down her throat and massage her neck to get the food into the next stage of digestion. I don't think I said that that is why they did this process in the show, but she went around telling M & CD that. So who knows what how this whole mess started, but don't you know, I have L laying on the floor with a small piece of cobbler down her throat while I gently massage her gullet. Being that her neck is hard to find, I had to utilize my other hand and stretch out her neck to find a place to rub my hands on. I guess it's quite vulgar when you see it live. Hell, we made videos of this. And it'll probably be great blackmail in the future.

M wanted to join the fun. So L gave M's neck a rubdown as well. M being more mature than L was able to hold in her laughter and it kind of worked. Amazing right?

Favorite Quote of the Day:
C: Should we do it again? (said in an uncertain tone)
M: duh. (said in a no shit tone)

Then L asked CD if he wanted to try and he didn't need any convincing. So once again, pop in some cobbler and L rubbed down CD's neck.

These videos are extremely disturbing and might be rated NC-17 if it was to go up against the MPAA board.

I'm pretty positive that my rendition of the "throat rubdown" is not how others wanted me to describe it. I think my take on it is sufficient enough, but if any of the other 2 wants to write about it with their colorful writing skills, please go right on ahead.

So after our very intimate throat rubbing session, we concluded that rubbing one's throat/neck in a time of desperation (i.e., person won't eat b/c they are anorexic) to get food down someone's throat is plausible. Well there you go, not only are we having fun on this trip, but we're also making headway for science.

Afterwards, L gave us all a free show. She danced Lee Hyori, K-POP style for us. Once again a video exists of this. Great for blackmail. We then watched some silly, funny videos on you tube.





and called it a night. Wow. What a day.

9 comments:

  1. LLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I like your take. While others focused on the nitty gritty of the car accident, you detailed the rest of the day. Man! I'm sad I didn't go now! Although I don't think I would have wanted a throat rubdown, the peach cobbler sounds and looks so yummy!!! And the cheese factory!! I love food factories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWAAAAAAAHAHAHhAhaaHahhAhAAHhAHAHAHAHAHAHa

    Uhm... if you were there you'd have to get a throat job. It's all or nothing Lil J. You can't just pick and choose what parts of fun you want to partake in. LOL

    C, I agree with you. The jellyfish totally looks like a leaking breast implant and how come you show no love for Charlie??

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.

    Lil J, I was going to do an accident entry as well, but M & L pretty much said everything. I wanted to make sure everyone else remembered every little detail of the rest of the day since it seems like accident trumps a visit to the cheese factory, beaching it, and having a sensual rub down.

    And Charlie isn't funny. He's eccentric. I wanted to share the FUNNY clips we watched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here is where this blog takes a turn for the epic. I feel like the day was described perfectly here, I love it. Hilarious.

    And I COMPLETELY forgot about that amazing dance. I think somehow I fell asleep when she was mid-movement. I must have been so overwhelmed with all the power and grace of the routine that my brain shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and J, had you been there, I'm positive you would have succumbed to a throat jerking. It sounds repulsive but there was some sort of peer pressure type atmosphere going on where we were all compelled to participate. There was no escape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No escape.

    And C, the Homo Carey wasn't all that funny.

    For the record, the dance is called Anymotion by Lee Hyori and I thought I was really good at it until I saw the shameful SHAMEFUL video. bWAHaHhAHAHaHhahAHAHAA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I don't know if it was peer pressure bc I'm pretty sure no one was really pressured into it. It seemed like everyone just knew their place in line and lie down when they knew they were up..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe the pressure to perform is just what I always feel when L is there and I have CD to contend with. I'm positive this is how the lip-skin eating happened and I was not above throwing this in CD's face if he refused a rub.

    ReplyDelete