Day #4: Back in the Citay!!

Today we left the house about 2 hours later than we planned. Fortunately, C and I were both well rested and ready to begin our journey back to the city. We jumped on the BART, heading in the right direction and got off on Embarcadero. From there we followed hordes of people towards Fisherman's Wharf and decided to pick a person to follow for the day. Like fools, we followed a short squat girl in red tights thinking she was a student only to realize we were heading inside a building that housed many companies. I had thought all the people around us were unemployed and enjoying the farmer's market on the street. In reality, they were most likely returning from a late lunch on the wharf. LOL

The night before C & I had already planned what modes of public transportation to take in order to reach our destinations. Both C and I have always wanted to see Ghirardelli Square. It just sounds good you know. We got in line for a cable car and I asked the conductor if he went to Ghirardelli Square. The guy said yes so we jumped on the cable car. At one point, he stopped the car and asked who wanted to get off on Pier ?. I told him I wanted Ghirardelli Square and he said, "I know" with a charming smile. Imagine my surprise when 2 stops later he told us we were at the last stop, had to get off and told me to walk 3 blocks "that way" to get to Ghirardelli Square. I hate him.


Ghirardelli Square was pretty boring. We walked around, was greeted by a black man in Mandarin, told him I was Korean, listened to him sing "Arirang," gave him a dollar and ate a piece of peppermint chocolate at the chocolate store.


After that we walked past Galileo high school, jumped on the 30 and got off near the Palace of Fine Arts. We looked at a cute older couple sitting on the bench near the water, I took some failed photographs of swans, we took some artsy photos of each other and went to the Exploratorium.

This is C sitting on a bench in front of the Palace of Fine Arts

the beautiful Palace of Fine Arts

romantic elderly couple enjoying the pleasant view with some Asian tourists on the side.

I love the Exploratorium.

Will add details later.

Went to BJ's in San Bruno, met up with R and B. I absolutely love R and B. They are 2 of the best people from my Santa Cruz days and I love shooting the shit with them. It never gets old. R is the friend I have kdates with. It was good reminiscing and catching up. R showed me and B a nasty video from youtube on the world's largest pimple and told me and C to look up the muni fight. LOL




Right now C is watching this.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, if you're going to blog I would like more details or leave it to me, the one with the memory.

    Hahaha, that jerk-of-a-driver! Ahahahah, Ahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm updating since you take too long. You're always more than welcome to add details, duh, that's why you made yourself the administrator.

    And stop being the first one to leave comments. Comments are for people NOT on this trip. Then we respond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great day. Sigh. And I like the artsy pics. And I hope to God you were at least humming the Full House theme song in your head if not singing it out loud when you were on that trolley driven by the devil. And I want mint chocolate. Did C like B and R? Of course how could she not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I practiced a little bit of the theme song only to have C tell me it was the wrong song. I don't care. I got the melody right. LOL

    Watch the pimple video. You'll love it.

    Oh wait till you see our wood nymph pictures and me as a sculpture. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA, I just read all the SF posts.

    ReplyDelete