The Forgotten Bay Area Trip.

ORIGINALLY WRITTEN NOVEMBER 2010

I was getting that feeling where I needed to be somewhere new, or at least not Southern California, so on the very first day of October, L and I drove (or I drove) to the Bay Area for some fresh new surroundings. I find it funny that just 300 miles north makes me happy. Anyways, I guess I forgot to write about our trip. It doesn't really matter, but since we started VSRT, I feel like I should continue on (and I am sort of sick of reading about liabilities and accounting).

Driving from Los Angeles to the Bay Area wasn't that bad. We talked about child development, politics, future of California and (probably) Jersey Shore. I realized that I'd rather be the driver than the passenger. All the times I've been a passenger on a drive up north, it felt like forever and I would get so restless. Driving didn't feel bad at all. I just needed one stretch/gas/food break.

Tip #1, no matter how hungry you are, do not eat at an I-Hops.

L at the gross ihop.

We arrived at SR at around dinnertime and was hungry and tired. L was craving sushi, so we yelped a sushi restaurant. The sushi restaurant wasn't a sushi restaurant. It was a Japanese restaurant run by Chinese people and was pretty pricey for what they were selling ($20 for dongkatsu? seriously?). So we left them a tip and left. Oh the shame. Instead we ended up eating at a "really good Chinese" place that lil J was apparently craving. Mmm, roasted duck and eggplants..

The next morning, our only full day, we drove into San Francisco. Bad decision 2010. Before I had seriously contemplated taking the BART, but I liked the idea of having a car in the Bay Area to drive us all around town. And nobody poo-pooed the idea, so that's how I ended up waiting 1.5 hours for the Bay Bridge. Then an additional 40 minutes scavenging around SF. L and I wanted to go to Little Italy, but stupid Gps (pronounced Jips) was all confused by the shortest blocks and weird

No comments:

Post a Comment